Thursday, November 6, 2008

Send me to the ICU

Overview:
Santa came early and gave me new toys again. This time I got JavaNCSS, DependencyFinder, SCLC, and Hackystat. These new toys help monitor my project's health by connecting sensors to all the vital parts and giving me a daily report. In order to play with these toys, I had to configure my computer and Hudson to call on the sensors.

Results:
It took me awhile, but I finally got everything set up. The results from the sensors showed that me and Anthony's project is healthy. The only yellow we have is under coverage, but it is going to be green because we added more coverage testing. Hudson in the beginning had us listed as Thunderstorm because I had some issue with the build. In the end I went through everything to find that I simply forgot to see one configuration in Hudson. Once that was fixed, my mood followed our project's weather. These little hiccups are good in helping me build my confidence in solving any problem I see. At times, I really wanted to go to ICU because the problems can come from anything. Since everything was new, I ended up redoing everything to find the problem.

No comments: