Friday, October 24, 2008

By Our Powers Combined

Overview:
To expand our experience, I will be review three other teams code. I hope that by looking at their code, I will see how other people solve the same problem I had. During projects, we often base our solution on our current tools and knowledge. In return for review other team's code, our code are also reviewed by others to give us helpful tips on improvement.

Reaction:
When I review other people's code, I notice that 1 hour is not enough because of what we are asked to do. Following the User and Developer Guide can sometimes be a problem and the only what I was able complete a review is because I have first hand experience when setting up my own project. Another important key I notice was how groups priorities their task and set their goals. Some focus on creating expandability while others focused on the user experience. As a programmer, I was mostly drawn to the structure of the project. Because this is an ongoing project, creating classes to ease future development is important. There were a lot of small things me and my partner Anthony Du over looked. Review other people project reminded me of taking a step back and looking at the big picture.

No comments: