Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Part 2 of SVN and Google Project Hosting

Overview:
After becoming familiar with SVN and Google Project Hosting, I will be working with a partner in sharing and editing each others code. This will simulate a small scale of what program development will be like. By practicing how to use SVN effectively, future program developments will run much smoothly.

Procedure:
With the Google Project I created earlier, I will invite my partner, Robin Raqueno, as a member. Being a member means that he can have access to the stack program I uploaded and the ability to make changes to it. In return I will be given access to his code to review and make changes if needed. Once corrections have been made to our partner's code, we can then commit it to Google Project Hosting to update the trunk.

Review:
This excercise was every useful for me because my partner was able to find errors in my code that I over looked. He was able to email me and we both corrected my problems. The only problem I had was when I tried to commit the corrections I made. I got an error message saying that the code was in conflict. Then I remember that I had to update and merge before I can commit again. Turn around time on fixing code was much faster to because I did not have to wait for my partner to send me the code he fixed and we both will always have a working set of code on Google Project Hosting and all the revisions.

No comments: